October Persian Music Festival
This October, the Center for Iranian Music is hosting its first Persian Music Festival. Thursday, October 17 through Saturday, October 19, the CFIM will highlight Iranian music and culture through performances and lectures. Please find the full schedule below.
To purchase tickets, please contact Bijan Elyaderani: Tel: (724) 799-2067; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Oct. 17:
- 1:30PM, Kresge Recital Hall, “A Concert of Contemporary Music of Iran.” FREE Admission. Cyrus Forough, violin; Evan Kahn, cello; Sung-Im Kim, piano
- 8:00PM, Frank-Ratchye STUDIO for Creative Inquiry, “Contemporary Music of Iran.” FREE Admission. Lecture by Reza Vali.
Friday, Oct. 18:
- **8:00PM, Kresge Recital Hall, “Dialogue of Ancient Civilizations: A Concert of Persian and Chinese Hammer Dulcimers.” Tickets: $20-$35, students $10. Dariush Saghafi, Persian Santoor; Jahangir Sichani, Tombak; Mimi Jong, Erhu; The Bamboo Breeze Ensemble (Xiannian Xiao, Yanqin, Julie Tay, Chinese drums).
Saturday, Oct. 19:
- **10:00AM, Alumni Concert Hall, “A Workshop of Persian and Chinese Music.” FREE Admission. Dariush Saghafi, Persian Santoor; The Bamboo Breeze Ensemble (Xiannian Xiao, Julie Tay); Yanqin (Chinese hammer dulcimer), and other Chinese instruments.
- 8:00PM, Mellon Institute Auditorium, “Women of Persian Music: A Concert of Persian Traditional Music.” Tickets: $20-$35, students $10. Sepideh Raissadat, Setâr and vocals, and Naghmeh Farahmand, Tombak, Dáf.
**These two events are co-sponsored by the Silk Screen Arts and Cultural Organization. For more information about the Silk Screen Arts and Cultural Organization, please visit: www.silkscreenfestival.org.